The historic Jeter family cemetery has origins dating back to the 1780's from the generous donation of land and funds from David Sims Jeter. This is the original section of the cemetery and has a stone wall surounding the plots. We refer to this as the Original Site.
During the mid 1950's, the Jeter Cemetery was expanded to the back side of the Jeter Cemetery Loop road. This area has a chain-link fence from one side of the stone wall following Jeter Cemetery Loop Road until it meets the stone wall again. This was the first expansion and therefor we refer to this as the 1st expansion.
Between the years 2000 and 2001, additional acreage was cleared, graded and surveyed to expand the cemetery for future generations.It is located on opposite side of Jeter Cemetery Loop Road of the Chapel and has a Gate with a chain link fence surounding the plots. This was the next expansion for the cemetery and we refer to this as the 2nd expansion.
All Descendants of South Carolina Jeters are invited to reserve a burial plot in the Jeter Cemetery. There is no cost for the burial plot.